Flowbird Transport Intelligence showcased digital innovations in transportation retailing platforms, ticketing infrastructure and big data analytics at the Euro Bus Expo 18, held at the NEC.
The company, highlighted its expertise in hardware, software and mobile solutions that are central to the success of high profile transport networks in the UK, mainland Europe, Africa, the US and Australia.
Flowbird works with transit authorities and public transport operators around the globe, developing and applying technology that enhances operational efficiency, reduces congestion, improves social cohesion, and supports economic development. Worldwide, the company has an install base of more than 95,000 transport validation terminals and over 7,000 self-service retailing systems covering bus, BRT, rail, metro, ferry and tram networks, optimised through sophisticated back office and analytics platforms.
Says Gavin Trimnell, Flowbird Transport Intelligence Head of Sales and Marketing: “Around the world, around the clock, Flowbird technology is meeting the needs of multimodal transport authorities, operators and end users. Our significant investment in research and development is creating transportation solutions that make life better for communities, more productive for businesses and more sustainable for the environment.”
Among the developments showcased at Euro Bus Expo is the new Cloudfare® back office system, which has been recently deployed on Translink’s multimodal network in Northern Ireland, and the tag-on, tag-off fare collection infrastructure designed and implemented in Perth, Australia.
- Integrated Open Payments & Account Based Ticketing – from contactless EMV and mobile payments to ID-based transactions
- Customer-focused On-and-off Vehicle Self-Service Retailing – systems that optimise operator value and transform the end-user experience
- Advanced On-board Surveillance – integrated on-vehicle CCTV technology for asset protection and passenger safety
- Operator & Network Performance Analytics – systems analysis and real-time journey monitoring
- Front-line Delivery & Support – technical expertise and scalable back-office platforms
- Mobility as a Service (MaaS) – enabling the vision of shared, on-demand transportation networks