As you will be aware, the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has been declared a pandemic by the World Health Organisation, spreading to over 100 countries. Some of Flowbird’s direct activities and key suppliers are located in regions where governments have implemented strict measures to protect the public and mitigate the impact.
Flowbird is closely following government and expert advice in each country within which we have operations and we are taking further proactive measures to mitigate the spread and impact of COVID-19, which includes:
- a communication campaign on safe behaviour to all of our employees worldwide;
- the establishment of a remote work organisation;
- education campaign on remote management best practices (e-learning);
- freezing all business trips until further notice;
- engagement with our supply chain requesting their plans and contingencies, and
- setting up different work schedules and locations to minimise potential disruptions
Notwithstanding the above measures, we are already experiencing some impacts on our supply chain and manufacturing activities which we are managing for now. However, as the pandemic continues to spread we anticipate that there could be further impacts to our deliveries and operational service commitments.
As a result, Flowbird will continue to monitor and manage events as they arise and we will keep you appraised of any impacts and changes.